Designed by Veethemes.com

Candles and Glamping

For my 32nd Birthday this year (yikes), I asked Ryan if we could go fancy camping, which apparently has a name now, and they call it "Glamping". I had recently seen a lovely article on the cover of my travel magazine of this gorgeous lit up tent with a bed, in the middle of the forest and thought, I have to be there. Now. So I showed Ryan the exact tent we had to stay in and told him exactly what we were going to do. Relax, sleep, hike, eat, make s'mores, and drink wine, the normal things you do when you camp. So my sweet, sweet husband, who does everything right (sorry ladies), booked what I wanted. The day of the trip had come and we were on the road to Santa Barbara. We arrive at El Capitan Canyon, where the man at the desk (let's call him Adam), gave me a curt hello (ummm...it's my birthday, how dare you?), and sent us on our merry way to our fab tent that I had been waiting so long for.... and it's, oh my god, jaw drop, horrible. I wish I had a picture to show you, but if you can imagine, it's facing a hedge, no view, crammed between two cabins filled with children and in the direct hot, hot sun. Now I know, poor me, I get what I asked for, but no way in hell was this happening, it was my birthday, and I get whatever I want on my one day. I basically start crying and poor Ryan, disappointed as well, convinces me to talk to Adam.
I walk in and tell Adam, listen, this isn't exactly what we had in mind when we booked the trip, and show him the magazine cover, which I think many people have done. Ryan then enters and tells him it's my birthday, which doesn't make him seem to excited either. We then decide that maybe the tent isn't the best way to go and swap to a beautiful cedar cabin with a gorgeous view of the trees and creek, and no children for at least a hundred yards. We did all the amazing things one does when glamping: hike, drank wine and sat by the fire till it was time to fall asleep. My birthday turned into a beautiful three days and my outfits weren't too bad either. Glamping at it's finest!! Happy Birthday to me.
Hat: Olive & Pique
Shirt: Abercrombie & Fitch
Shorts: H & M
Sandals: Kenneth Cole
Sunglasses: TOMS

0 comments:

Post a Comment