Designed by Veethemes.com

The Sea Organ and Me

If you read my previous post you know about my lovely visit to Plitvicka. What you don't know is that we were supposed to stay there another night, but thought, what's the point? We've seen and done everything in this little town so we decided to take a road trip down to the Dalmation Coast and begin our ocean adventures in Zadar. And thank gosh we did! This sleepy little beach town had one of the most peaceful art installations I had ever seen. If you ever have the chance to experience the Sea Organ, an architectural object and an experimental musical instrument, which plays music by way of sea waves and tubes located underneath a set of large marble steps, do it. You won't be disappointed. Ryan was able to jump off it and swim with the locals at sunset, a quiet and peaceful experience where everyone claps when the sun goes down. I thought, if only I was brave enough to do this, but alas, I've always been scared of things that are new to me and slightly daring. That night I promised myself that I would return in the morning to face my fears and make the plunge. We came back early, where I was hoping to be the only ones and of course it was full of more locals jumping off and swimming. It took probably a half hour of convincing myself, but finally once Ryan told me he would hold my hand and not let go, I jumped off the sea organ into the deep blue. What a rewarding and beautiful experience that I'll never forget thanks to Ryan, my extremely daring and always adventurous, big fish, who never lets me walk away from things that may scare me.
Hat: Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: Brass Plum Nordstrom
Dress: BKB in Hermosa Beach
Shoes: BCBG

Sunset at The Sea Organ

Frida the Monkey wandering around Zadar

Exploring the Roman Ruins in 
Tank Top: Forever 21
Beaded Necklace: Nordstrom
Shorts: Angel
Shoes: Steve Madden
Captain Hat: Croatian Souvenir

After my jump into the ocean
Hat: LA Dodgers cap
Bikini: Sperry
Ba



0 comments:

Post a Comment