Designed by Veethemes.com

Slice of Heaven

Just dreaming about Villa Dubrovnik again.... I can't help it. Sometimes I stare into the distance remembering the ocean, the beautiful fruits at breakfast, the time I discovered the deep purple Plavic Mali wine, the sun setting behind the Old Town of Dubrovnik, and I smile, and then realize I'm back home again. It honestly feels like it was a memory I wish I could live in forever. If you've ever heard of The Villa you know it's one of those hotels you see in magazines. It was the last stop on our Croatian adventure and Ryan had saved the best for last. Dubrovnik in itself was unreal. It's known for it's distinctive Old Town encircled with massive stone walls, filled with beautiful shops, restaurants and historic churches. You could get lost for hours here...however, we wouldn't know too much because we barely could leave our hotel. Villa Dubrovnik was built out of grey stone Brac and perched on a rocky coast overlooking the deep azure blue Adriatic. We spent our days soaking up the sun on the gorgeous lounge chairs, sporadically placed into the cliff, jumping into the ocean with our GoPro (Ryan had to beg me, of course), ordering delicious Caprese Salads and Rosé, reading every last inch of my book The Girl on The Train... And at night, salivating over the perfect sunset views while sipping champagne with our new friends from New York City, and finishing our evening with seafood at the Michelin Star worthy restaurant. We also took advantage of the James Bond style boat that taxis you into the Old Town every hour from the dock of the hotel, where once inside the walls found the famous Buza Bar with locals and daring tourists jumping from extremely high rocks into the deep blue sea below. I'll never forget this stunning slice of heaven, and already have dreams of returning one day, if even just to sip on a juicy Plavic Malî wine on the cliffs once more while watching the sunset. Breakfast Swimming with our new friends Boating into The Old Town I met a beautiful couple from The Netherlands who just happened to meet me two months ago in character at Universal Studios... it really is a small world.... GOODNIGHT DUBROVNIK! Thank you again for the beautiful dreams xoxo Chloé

2 comments:

  1. How Beautiful. Your prose is magnificent and illustrative. I felt like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means the world to me. I hope you keep reading!

      Delete