Designed by Veethemes.com

Villefranche-sur-Love

When I hear the word "Honeymoon" all sorts of images rush through my head. Being in love, making love, drinking delicious french rosé, driving with the top down through the hills, eating cheese, speaking French, niçoise salads, melted goat cheese, bordeaux, champagne, making love, being in love... wait did I say that already? But all joking aside, I've fantasized of visiting the French Riviera since I watched "To Catch a Thief" as a young girl (thanks mom and dad), and of course when my mom took me when I was twelve to watch "French Kiss" in the theater, falling madly in love with creepy Kevin Kline and faking anxiety on airplanes because Meg Ryan did. Don't you remember them driving through the hills, the ocean behind them, the gorgeous hotels lining the sand, the glamorous women with their giant sunglasses (oh wait, you never saw French Kiss??)... I just knew I had to be there at one point in this lifetime, preferably with a sexy man on my arm. Well, my wish came true, at last, sexy man included. There I was, finally in the most idyllic place I had ever been in this lifetime, Villefranche-sur-Mer. Our first dinner out at La Mere Germaine, we sat on the waterfront, ordered bordeaux, rack of lamb (hello, I'm Greek), and had an accordion player serenading us throughout the entire evening. When we got the bill (ouch) we decided it was worth it just for the location, the accordion man, and the four french men getting drunk in their speed boat twenty feet away from us. Pure French bliss I tell ya. We swam in the dazzling blue ocean, saw quite a few topless ladies, went shopping for divine outfits since I lost my luggage (awesome), and ate another savory meal in a hidden gem of a restaurant, called Les Garçons (everything here was perfection except the surly waiter, but they are all that way there). When it was time to depart and make our way to Provence I promised myself I would one day return to this sweet, picturesque town again, hopefully in the not so distant future. Thank you Villefranche-sur-Mer for being charming, delicious, romantic and dreamy all in one. Romper: Abercrombie & Fitch Swimsuit: VIX Dinner on the waterfront at La Mere Germaine Cappuccinos on the waterfront Town Les Garçons

0 comments:

Post a Comment